Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Night Travels

A new night had begun, a darker night than I was used to. Dimmer stars to act as guides. Was I the only one in this darkness? But I traveled as I do, as the world continued to turn under my feet, and hoped that each footstep aligned with the last. My legs were tiered but there was no hope in sitting down. I breathed a steady breath and walked in silence. A bright star appeared in the direction I was heading, perhaps the thick of the clouds had diminished. I still could not see the Moon, but I was certain He was still there. One step at a time I walked and walked. The star flickered, then danced about. Puzzled I slowed my pace, the earth continued, till the star danced out of the sky, around my head and body, stopping to hover by my feet. I had only a chance to see the prints of my feet all about in the sand when the star went out and buzzed away, the earth continued.

1 comment:

  1. The Moon is God, the stars are the people in your life that offer guidance, and the buzzing light is a firefly who is Satan.

    ReplyDelete

Followers